Muktinath and Damodarkund Tour
- Overview of Damodar Kund and Mustang Region
- Region of Damodar Himalaya, is a mountain range in Nepal Himalayan Referred as in MUSTANG district. Region include Muktinath Himal(6,706m), Bhrikuti Peak(6,364m). There are 65 peaks in this Himalaya range. MARSYANGDI river originates from this range.
- Damodar Kund(Lake) situated in a basin in the Damodar Himal and flows southward through a rain shadow valley on the eastern edge of the Annapurna Range. The are two versions of the Origin of the Kali Gandaki river; One will say, the river comes from a lake near the Tibetan border by the name of Damodar-kund north east of Muktinath (a 2-3 day trip per foot away). Others will say the river appears from a crack of the Dongmar mountain north west of Lo Mantang (what is much further north than the first description) and that the waters of Damodar kund are unique to themselves. There are several lakes, the area being locally called “Charang the land of hilly lakes.”
- The Damodar lakes are located three days walk north east of the main Mustang trekking route & very close to the border with Tibet.
- From Damodar Kund, the views are great from some viewpoints a bit higher than the lakes, just a short climb up some of the hills. The Tibetan plateau & Damodar Himal to the north and the Annapurna Himalayan massive to the south.
- At a short distance to the Damodar Kund(lake) is not so difficult but has long walking distance and has combination of bit steep and almost flat terrain. The only issue that hit the pilgrims is high altitude so take measure in advance with the medicine and good food and drinking water habit.
- Where as, for some there is no problem of the altitude. However, with some for-thought if you feel you may be at risk in high altitude, with such things as breathing problems, heart problems, over-weight-blood pressure, get head aches, please see your health professional before attempting the walk. If you’re healthy and fit but still worried about The highest camp is at the Damodar Kund just 4890 meters.
- As Damodar kund(at 6100m =21,000 ft approx.’) is part of the Upper Mustang region and is a restricted region, the Nepali government have an access fee for permits into the area with the Annapurna conservation fee
- Pokhara– Jomsom- Damodar kunda- Muktinath – 15 nights 16 days
- We had Customized a comfortable trek on foot and Pony. From Jomsom the district headquarters of Mustang, the trek would be for 14 days to and from. Since Damodar Kund is at the high altitude, the trek is worked out keeping in mind the acclimatization and comfort. We make you visit Lord Muktinath on the return leg. Since Pilgrimage would cover the high altitude(above 5333m.) it is a difficult trek and requires a normal physical fitness.
- Our guest may enter Nepal directly by air to Kathmandu and then visiting places like Kathmandu valley and Pokhara & to Jomsom, Pokhara and Jomsom are linked to Kathmandu by air or one may have a choice to travel to Pokhara by road from Kathmandu and even visited Manokamna temple and then by air to Jomsom 2667 m.
- Other way of entering Nepal is through Sunauli Border and Kakarvitta border, nearest railway junction is Gorakhpur and Silgudi respectably and then visit to Pokhara by road or air & further Mahendra Nagar Indian city Banbasa, Biratnagar & Pashupati nagar on Indian border Jogbeni & Darjeeling respectably.
Pick up from Airport transfers to Hotel, Evening Visit to Pashupati Nath Temple for have worship (puja), darshan at arati time, back to Hotel, overnight.
Kathmandu – Pokhara
Drive to Pokhara ,arrival at Pokhara and transfer to hotel, Overnight at hotel.
Pokhara – Jomsom
Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom, Trek starts from Jomsom (2750m.) Overnight at Kagbeni, transfer to hotel and rest.
|4||Trek start from Kagbeni (2800m.) Overnight at Chaile. (3000m.)|
|5||Trek start from Chaile night stop Ghami ( 3490m.|
|6||Trek start from Ghami overnight at Yara (4000m.)|
|7||Rest at Yara|
|8||Trek start on horse from Yara to Thanti (rest house)- near Damodar Kund overnight|
|9||Trek from Thanti to Damodar Kund (5400m). After Darshan/ worship and Over night at Damodhar Kund.|
|10||Trek from Damodhar Kund to Yara (Pony trek would be from Yara to Yara)|
|11||Treks from Yara to Charang.(3620m.)|
|12||Treks from Charang to Syangmoche. (3770m.)|
|13||Treks from Syangmoche to Chuksang.|
|14||Trek from Chuksang to Muktinath.|
|15||Trek from Muktinath to Jomsom|
|16||Fly back Jomsom to Pokhara|
|17||Departure to onward destination|
- 16 Night's accommodation at hotel/lodge/camp with all meals [vegetarian].
- Pony or mule for carry luggage during Damodar Kund Yatra.
- Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhara air ticket
- Services of our trekking equipment and Sherpa staff.
- All trekking & camping equipment including Gyam Bags
- Sleeping bags and oxygen cylinders, normal medicine.
Cost does not Includes
- Yak/porter for personal using.
- Rescue/ evacuation or all the extra cost because of partition from the main group or serious health condition.
- Flight or any costs TO or FROM Kathmandu from your destination/ home town.
- No cost is including for those who separate from the main group.
- Medical insurances.
|Cost: Per person for Indian INR85000|
|Cost: Per person for Foreigner USD 1650|
|(Group size minimum 4 -8 travelling passengers)|
|Tour dates are flexible- we require minimum 4 travelling passengers for the tour movement|
What to wear?
1) Warm clothes, a pair of hiking shoes, sun-tan cream, sunglass, nuts biscuits, huts, Chocolate, of choice, Personal towel, woolen socks etc. Torch and Cameras tele or still with enough batteries.
Food, Drink etc.?
1) We offer vegetarian food, Morning, evening tea/coffee along with snacks, while you would be in trekking.
2) Alcoholic drinks beverages should not be consumed.
Month to visit Damodar Kund?
By Helicopter visit in the month of June and September is suitable. For the treks on foot / Pony May, June is preferable. Helicopter Services will be conducted from Jomsom/Pokhara. Others Requirement
Indians are required to carry authorized identity card, preferably passport, Indians and others SAARC nationals will have to pay ACAP fee of Rs.200 and others nationals will be paying Rs.2000.
|Means & Equipment?
A group of highly competent and professional staffing who care for your needs. We are linked with world on our website and have other communication mode. We maintain a sophisticated range of equipment and a fleet of luxury cars and buses. We have a well-stocked store with the equipment required for trekking and expedition.
A Yatra to Damodar Kund by Helicopter?
As trek on foot is time taking thus trek would not possible for all of our guest for one or another reason. Hence, we are pleased to introduce a same day Darshan of Damodar Kund by helicopter