Muktinath Yatra 2016
Book now for Muktinath Darshan...You can customize (private tour) or join our fixed departure group!
Muktinath is a sacred place both for Hindus & Buddhists which is also known as a "place of liberation or moksha". Please request pricing below to get detail itinerary with cost of Muktinath Tour Packages.
Some people called this place Salagrama, Many Shaligrams found here are considered by Hindu as incarnation of lord Vishnu and worship them. According to Hindu Myth lord Vishnu turned into Shaligram because of Brinda's Curse.
The waterway downstream from Muktinath along Kali Gandaki is the source of all Silas or Shaligrams that are required to establish a temple of Vishnu anywhere in the world. It is considered to be one of the holiest places of pilgrimage of Hindus, Buddhists, and Vaishnavas. It has 108 water springs and this number carries great significance in Eastern philosophy. In Hindu astrology, there are 12 zodiacs or Rashi and 9 planets or Graha, giving a total of 108 combinations. Also there are 27 Lunar mansions or Nakshatras which are divided in 4 quarters or Padas each giving a combination of 108 Padas in total.
How to Reach Muktinath Shrine
- Starting From Pokhara to Jomsom
- By Flight: Pokhara to Jomsom by air in about 30 minutes.
- By Trek: Pokhara to Nayapool by vehicle then do the 7/8 days trek to Jomsom.
- By Jeep: Pokhara to Beni to Ghasa, via Tato pani, Marpha, Tukuche to Jomsom-140 km about 10-12 hrs.
- Starting from Jomsom To Muktinath.
- By treks: Walk to Kagbeni to Jharkot to Muktinath in about 7-8 hours.
- By Transport: Go by local rented motorbike with driver & by Jeep in about 2.30 hrs.
- By Horse: Go by a local rented horse in about 7/8 hrs.
- By Helicopter.
- 1. Kathmandu to Muktinath in about 1.30 hrs.
- 2. Pokhara to Muktinath in about 45 minutes By Helicopter to visit Muktinath on the month of March to October is suitable. By treks to visit on the month of April to October is preferable
- What is best season to travel?
Muktinath and its valley are located in the Mustang Bhote region. The climate and landscape here are similar to those of the Tibetan Plateau since it is situated in the rain shadow of the Greater Himalayas. The changes in climate from warm to cold take you to the sacred shrine of Muktinath in Mustang district. Flowing through the region from north to south and forming deep gorges is the Kali Gandaki river, which as its name implies (kali = black) is a black river – the black stones of the riverbed and black soil contributing to the effect. The high altitude landscapes made for unique and scenic environments. The climate was cold and the land was dry. The temperatures in summer (March to August) hover between Maximum of 22 to 24 degree Celsius and Minimum 12 to 16 Degree Celsius. In the beginning of winter (September to November) the Maximum temperature fluctuates between 16 to 18 degree Celsius and Minimum Temperature will be between 0 to 4 degree Celsius. In the winter (December to February) the maximum temperature will be 6 to 10 degree Celsius and minimum 0 to -6 degree Celsius. >
What cloths we should carry?
Days are relatively warm; especially when there is no wind in the late morning. The appropriate clothing as per the travel period (temperature) . We suggest you to take normal warm clothes. Light warm jacket, woolen sweater, warm T-Shirts, comfortable shoes, trousers and cotton pants are enough for this trip. We recommended you to bring down jacket for the winter.
- Any special permit is required?
Yes ACAP permit is essential and can be procured from Kathmandu or Pokhara
- Distance between Jomsom to Muktinath and how much we have to walk?
Go by local rented motorbike with driver & by Jeep in about 2.30 hrs.
- Can we carry Indian Currency ? Yes you may carry Indian currency except INR500 or INR1000 denomination since that is not valid at Nepal
- Can we find Saligram in Gandki river ?
Yes they are easily available in Gandki river
- How much weight is allowed? Entitled to carry only 15 kgs per person on flight.
- Altitude sickness?
This region has altitude of 3800m so better check with the doctor (if any caution or medicine required)
How do we prepare ourselves?
- • Take precaution for altitude sickness by taking Diamox tablet or Aspirin
- • Carry own medicine for any health problem
- • Drink plenty of water while trekking
- • Sports shoes or trekking shoes
- • Carry light luggage
- • Walking stick
- • Jacket
- • Chap stick / Vaseline cream
- • Cap
- • Sun glasses
- • Warm Clothing
- • Sunscreen Lotion
- • Moisturizer Lotion
- • Thick socks and gloves
- Any Age limit?
There is no age limit
- What kind of Accommodation is available?
There is enough Hotels and lodges nearby Muktinath in Jharkot and Ranipauwa. The Hotels and lodges are fine there. Some Hotels have solar heated hot showers and provide rooms with attached bath. Also local restaurant are available there. They provide good food. For Hindu pilgrims there are also free Dharamsalas.
- What are the rules and regulations? Muktinath lies in the Annapurna conservation area where entry fee required. Entry fee can be obtained from Kathmandu and Pokhara. The ACAP entry fee is Rs. 200.00 Per person for Indians and others SAARC nationals and Rs. 2000.00 per person to others foreign nationals at the above mentioned designated place. An equal extra fee will levied if permits are issued from field check post. The Permit is non-transferable and is valid for single entry. Children below 10 yrs. need not entry fee. A copy of the passport and 2 copies of passport size photos are required while applying for the permit.
- STD /ISD facility? STD /ISD telephone services are available in Ranipauwa and Jharkot. Health post and Post office in Jharkot. Police station, ACAP tourist information center and Safe drinking water station at Ranipauwa. There are available Electricity facilities also.